Wednesday, December 25, 2013

"The Fourth Missionary": My Next Great Read



Here is the latest talk I am studying:   The Fourth Missionary  by Lawrence E.Colbridge.  It was given June 22, 2002 and is an A-m-A-z-I-n-G talk. 

My missionary daughter told us about it when we Skped with her over Christmas.  This talk changed her as a missionary, and as I have read it, I realize, this is for EVERYONE who wants to be great. Anyone who wants to and is ready to change and be better.  This is the talk.   Download it and read it, it is great.  I printed it off (24 pages) and will be studying it in depth.  It is that good. Want to join me?!

What intrigued me was what Amber told be about it just briefly during our Skype.  She described the 4 different types of missionaries there are (from the talk)

Missionary #1: Disobedient.  He does what he wants to do.  Does not complete his mission.
Missionary #2: Disobedient. He does what he wants to do.  Serves his entire mission.
Missionary #3: Obedient and worthy. Does the duty and serves faithfully, but not with his whole heart. Is not changed by his mission.
Missionary #4: (the one we want to be) Obedient and worthy.  Serves faithfully, with his whole heart, and gives EVERYTHING to the Lord.  Overcomes weaknesses, submits His will to the Lord. His mission changes him.

This is not just about missionaries. This is about us.  All of us and our submission to the Lord's will. 

Let's read this talk!

  I can't wait!