Tuesday, June 4, 2013

We are the Lord's Secret Weapon



I was thinking today of this unique time in my life I am living, and I am sure many other LDS mothers have similar stories to tell: 

I have one daughter currently serving a mission (doing AWESOME and with 7 months left), our second daughter preparing for her  mission to Argentina(leaving in 3 months), one 18 year old daughter in "waiting for a missionary" mode (her best friend just left), and her twin sister planning on WHEN she will officially send her papers in. 

These are days never to be forgotten.  Are they not??

Oh the job and joy of being a mother during these times.  I love this quote from Sheri Dew!

"As Mother's in Israel we are the Lord's secret weapon.   
Our influence comes from a divine endowment that has been in place since the beginning.  
In the pre-mortal world, when our Father described our role,  
I wonder if we didn't stand in WIDE-EYED wonder that He would bless us with a sacred trust  
so central to His plan and that He would endow us with gifts so vital to the loving and leading of His children.   
I wonder if we shouted for joy at least in part because of the ennobling stature He gave us in His kingdom.  
The world won't tell you this, but the Spirit will."


Just my thoughts for the day...