Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Motherhood: You are Blessed!



So many thoughts are running through my mind right now.  I love being a mother!  It fills me with so much joy and happiness. I loved being pregnant. I loved having new borns, I love the Elementary innocence age, I love the teenager age, and I look forward to having married daughters and grandchildren. I credit who I am as a mother to my own angel mother and the amazing example she set for me.  I hope I can do the same for my daughters. It never ends and it is so fulfilling

I love being a woman and knowing that I am a literal daughter of God. I really know that He lives and that I am one of his daughters.

It makes me sad when I see women and girls, who are learning too young, to not honor their divine feminine qualities and try to be something they are not.  Women and girls who don't want to be mothers or wives. I am not talking about women who havent' married, not out of their own choice, or who haven't had children, to no fault of their own. But to those who choose not to.   There is no fullfillment in that journey. Just emptiness.

I bumped into an amazing article on the importance of motherhood written by Rebecca Walker, the  daughter of  the Color Purple author, Alice Walker who was  an extreme feminist.  Take a minute and read this compelling story of how a daughter of an obsessed feminist found the joy of motherhood.

 

Her mother Alice, looked at motherhood as servitude and thought of it as the worst thing that could happen to a woman.

"It reminds me of just how blessed I am. The truth is that I very nearly missed out on becoming a mother - thanks to being brought up by a rabid feminist who thought motherhood was about the worst thing that could happen to a woman.
You see, my mum taught me that children enslave women. I grew up believing that children are millstones around your neck, and the idea that motherhood can make you blissfully happy is a complete fairytale.
In fact, having a child has been the most rewarding experience of my life. Far from 'enslaving' me, three-and-a-half-year-old Tenzin has opened my world. My only regret is that I discovered the joys of motherhood so late - I have been trying for a second child for two years, but so far with no luck.
 
I was raised to believe that women need men like a fish needs a bicycle. But I strongly feel children need two parents and the thought of raising Tenzin without my partner, Glen, 52, would be terrifying.
 
As the child of divorced parents, I know only too well the painful consequences of being brought up in those circumstances. Feminism has much to answer for denigrating men and encouraging women to seek independence whatever the cost to their families. " -Rebecca Walker
This is such an interesting article from the voice of someone not brought up to value womanhood or motherhood, but who found it, and discovered what was truly important.

I feel the Lord who is so merciful, will have so much mercy on us as we strive to do our very best, and in many cases, having to overcome a very difficult past.  This article was so inspiring to me.

Let us not forget who we are, what our mission is on the earth, and the importance of choosing to be a mother and a wife.  Let us teach our daughters of the joy. 

Nothing else really matters.Things, clothes, whats happening on Face book...none of that matters.  Look at your children and just feel how blessed you are as a mother.  They may not be perfect (few are), but just ponder on your blessings. 

 Look into their eyes. Listen to them when they talk to you. Take time to be with them.

You are blessed!





Motherhood: That is influence that is power!