Thursday, May 9, 2013

Being Healthy

Over the past 3 years, I have gradually added on 20 extra pounds!  It seems my "new" set-point weight is permanently stuck and I can't seem to break out of the zone I am in with my weight. 

I have been on a personal quest to eat healthier, exercise more, blah, blah, blah. 

So to be the MOST informed, I have been doing my homework.  I have checked out books, bought books, scoured the Internet, listened to good advice from those around me wanting to offer me the best solutions, pinned countless healthy recipes and miracle exercise routines from Pintrest...  AND....after all that RESEARCH and knowledge, I have come to one conclusion:

 
I still know nothing:
  •  Eggs are good protein and I should eat them every morning for breakfast/ they are bad for me...all that fat and cholestorel!
  • Yogurt is a healthy breakfast/there is so little protein it does you little good
  • Stop eating breakfast cereals!/ Cereal is a good source of fiber and nutrition
  • Strength training will shape your body and build muscel and burn fat/ GET out there and start running/cardio is not as important as we once thought
  • Fish, Whey, and tofu/ [GAG!]
  • Try these specific exercises to target the trouble spots to tone and shape your body, then you can be "like me"/ [ very impressive, for sure, but I just want to lose 20 pounds not enter a body building contest]
  • Spinach, all green, smoothies!
  • Orange Juice is a good source of Vitamin C/ Juice? Are you kidding?!  That will spike your blood sugar, and you will gain weight
 
 Yes, I have all this information in my head,and every source competing with the last,   all contradicting, I am left with just a dizzying amount of knowledge that has left me with nothing to go from.
 
 
Daniel prophesied of the last days:  “knowledge shall be increased” and “many shall run to and fro” (Dan. 12:4).

And I love this scripture....

2 Timothy 3:7 "Ever learning and never coming to a knowledge of the truth"

One of our new favorite TV shows is Studio C, a BYU-student created comedy skits.  This comedy skit exaggerates the point of "ever learning (about health) and never coming to sure knowledge of the truth"  It illustrates the one-upmanship we feel swirling around us from our health industry.

It is pretty funny! Hope you enjoy!




Have a great day!