Friday, September 28, 2012

Home-made Buttermilk Syrup with Waffles

This has become a new favorite at our house lately.
 

 Buttermilk Syrup

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, and it was a good find.
 
Ohhhh!  just that the thought of it...makes me all giddy inside.  It is so delicious.  I would even call it      Sin-fully Delicious!
 
 
Of coarse, the waffles are just the avenue to get the Buttermilk Syrup into your mouth, because it would be wrong to just eat it by the spoonful...
 

Ingredients:

1  1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp. corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
 
Bring to a boil and cook for 7 minutes, then add the vanilla
 
 
You will get a delightful product that looks like this:
allrecipes.com
 


  If I had to describe the taste to you...I would say it closely resembles caramel.  The same ingredients are there..only tweaked slightly.  It is really good!





A word of precaution:  This is what happened when I cooked it today because I chose the wrong size pan. This really foams and rises a lot during the cooking time.  Make sure you choose a 4 1/2 qt. pan.



 

Print the recipes: 

Buttermilk Syrup

Waffles

 
 

You know you want this