Friday, September 7, 2012

Best Crock-Pot Recipes

I am on the hunt for good crock-pot recipes.  I  use my crock-pot probably three times a week as it makes the dinner time hour less chaotic and always means a great family meal.  I have probably four really great crock-pot meals that I use all the time. I have also found some other good ones, that I have tried and my family loves them.  If you have a great crock-pot meal, I would love you to share it in the comment section below.

Apricot Chicken

This was originally a regular oven meal, that I have converted over to the crock-pot.  That is now the only place a cook this recipe. It is one of my standard Sunday meals and company meals.  It is really good and really easy-4 ingredients including the chicken.



1 cup of Apricot jam
1 cup of Russian dressing
1 envelope of dry onion soup mix

Combine those three together and pour on top of your chicken in the crock-pot.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours and serve with rice.

 

Pork Barbecoa Salad

If you are a big fan of Cafe Rio's Pork Barbecoa Salad, then you will love this recipe.  My husband and I went out to eat at Cafe Rio, and I ordered this salad, which  I loved  as always, but I felt this recipe here was a touch more tasty than the restaurants.  You will love this.  This is a great meal for a family reunion, Sunday with an extra family over, or just your own little indulgent meal. It is one the whole crowd loves. You can also go into any Cafe Rio and buy their chips. 
Go {Here} for this recipe off of my other blog The Family Kitchen.







 

Crock-Pot Beef Strogonoff

Click {Here} for the recipe
This is one I found the other day from the blog Five Little Peaches.  Andrea one of the "peaches" is a friend of mine and she is an excellent cook.  I have to admit strogonoff was one of those meals I slightly moaned at as a kid.  My own children also moan when that is "whats for dinner".  So don't be put off by the name...this is really good,using  chunks of beef instead of hamburger.  The fact that you can start it early, and by dinnertime all you need to make is the noodles...is a great deal.  My whole family loves this recipe. 
I changed it for my own tasted preferences and did not use  real mushrooms, flour and water.  Instead I used cream of mushroom soup.