Friday, March 23, 2012

Proclamation Series: The Theme of my Home

What does the decor of your home say about you? What do you want people to know about you when they walk in your home?  What is your style?  Your colors? Your theme?

THEME??? Ya, what's your theme?! 


Several years ago I had that same question.  We moved into our brand new home that we had just finished building and I was tired of all of my old home decor.  I wanted a new up-dated look.  The problem was that I didn't know what that up-dated look or style was.

So..I asked a lady in my neighborhood who has a REALLY nice put-together home for some advice. She said:
  • Pick some colors that you like and try to incorporate those into each room [me:  check..I love maroon, sage green, ivory, browns, etc]
  • Pick your style [me: that is my problem I don't know what my "style" is.  I just know what my style is  NOT...all of my old decorations]
  • What is the "THEME" of your home?  [me: theme???  We are supposed to have a theme?  How about "we live here"...I didn't really say that to her] Like, for example the theme of my home is "Tuscan Italian"  [me: Tuscan...WHO?] 
Needless to say I left that conversation not any better off than it started except I felt like I didn't have something that Everyone else had: A THEME




So I am here to tell you, four years later, I have figured out the theme of my home!  It is:
THE FAMILY PROCLAMATION