Friday, February 10, 2012

What Love Looks Like To Me


This was February's  blog-link party from Time Out For Women "What Love Looks Like to Me"


I love being a mother to daughters.  This is what love looks like to me.

When I look at my family of all girls
I have several feelings rush over
me...
  •  Pure Joy!! .
    It is the most fun I have ever had in my life. I  grew up with six brothers and no sisters. Can I even tell you how many times I prayed for a
    sister??! Just know, it was a lot. I am thrilled to have daughters. Each one is
    a gift from God. Really!
  • How in the world am I going to
    afford all those weddings?
      That is the MOST popular question we get with my family, right
    after, were you trying to have a boy? I might change that concern later, but I
    have always felt like it will work out. Our main focus, is that we prepare our daughters to BE the right person, so  they marry the
    RIGHT person in the right way. The rest is just trivial.
  • What an awesome responsibility
    is ours
    to impact the lives of these young women and girls who will
    turn around and be mothers themselves someday. Mothers are powerful. What am I to teach them? Why has the Lord given us
    this awesome responsibility?
In The Family: A Proclamation to the World, it states:
is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities.”


Striving to have a happy family life founded upon the teachings of Jesus Christ,
and having great joy in our posterity

that is what love feels like and looks like to me.